Losartan is definitely an angiotensin II receptor antagonist (sometimes known as an ARB blocker).
Losartan can be used to deal with high bloodstream pressure (hypertension) in children and adults who’re a minimum of 6 years of age. It’s also accustomed to lower the chance of stroke in a few individuals with cardiovascular disease.
Losartan can also be accustomed to slow lengthy-term kidney damage in individuals with diabetes type 2 who also provide high bloodstream pressure.
Losartan could also be used for purposes unlisted within this medication guide.
What’s Losartan (Cozaar) employed for?
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Coronary Disease
- Hypertensive Congestive Heart Failure
- Hypertensive Heart (w/ CHF) and Kidney Disease
- Hypertensive Heart (w/o CHF) and Kidney Disease
- Hypertensive Kidney Disease
- Hypertensive Retinopathy
- Renovascular Hypertension
- Hypertensive Encephalopathy
- Hypertensive Cardiovascular Disease
What is an essential information I ought to learn about Losartan (Cozaar)?
You shouldn’t use losartan if you’re allergic into it.
For those who have diabetes, don’t use losartan along with any medication which contains aliskiren (a bloodstream pressure medicine).
You may even have to avoid taking losartan with aliskiren for those who have kidney disease.
Don’t use if you’re pregnant, and inform your physician immediately should you conceive. Losartan may cause injuries or dying towards the developing fetus for the medication on your second or third trimester.
Inform your physician if you’ve ever had:
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- congestive heart failure
- an electrolyte imbalance (for example high amounts of potassium inside your bloodstream)
- if you’re on the low-salt diet or
- if you’re dehydrated.
- You shouldn’t breast-feed while using the this medicine.
- Losartan isn’t approved to be used by anybody more youthful than 6 years of age.